Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Instagram Fall '12
[learning to live a perfectly imperfect life]

Ready?


You buy a cute new backpack...


some fun Kindergarten school supplies, 


and colorful shoes you know won't be this white for long


but are you really ready?

*****

You walk into the school on Open House evening,


even throwing a little bounce into your step, 


excited about meeting your teacher and seeing your classroom,

but are you really ready?

*****

You peek through those glass school doors,


pull hard on that big heavy door,


and walk right in, excited about what's to come,


but are you really ready?

*****

You walk down the hallway,


peer into the classroom,


and stop for one final smile as a preschooler,


but are you really ready?

*****

You hang up your backpack,


meet your super-nice teacher,

(insert adorable picture of Rylee and her teacher here
that I didn't get taken because it was too hectic!)

and wander around the Kindergarten room, filled with toys and pictures and words and fun,

but are you really ready?

*****

Rylee is, but I'm sure not.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

great photos! Hope she has a wonderful year!!!

Kristine said...

Aww, it'll be ok! I dread the day I take my Rylee to school (which is why I'm putting it off until next year, bwhaha!) Hope she had a fantastic day!

Jeremy ( Dad ) said...

I got all teary eyed and had to use the fast blink so I didnt look like a baby! Goes WAY to fast!

Claire Wise Photography said...

loved this post - and that 5th picture down? sweet perfection! love the bounce in her step :)

SandyGM said...

Awww man.. I gave up on the fast blink... needed kleenex. As Miley Cyrus says, "It ain't about how fast I get there...ain't about what's waitin' on the other side... it's the climb." Thanks for sharing "the climb" through blogging!! Love you all!