Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Instagram Fall '12
[learning to live a perfectly imperfect life]

I Think It's Safe To Assume...


Rylee and Carter are not the greatest kids at entertaining themselves.  (Now don't read that wrong... they are GREAT kids!)  But, even with 4 billion fun and exciting toys, I find them at my knees every 4 minutes -- waiting for me to entertain.

You would think that they would entertain each other, but it doesn't happen -- at least not for longer periods of time. I'm not sure what I've done (or haven't done) to create kids like this... maybe it's just that their mom is so darn fun they want to play with HER all the time.

However, yesterday morning, they DID do a pretty good job of entertaining themselves!  I was pleasantly surprised, and quickly took advantage of the time I had -- paid some bills, sent some emails, did some laundry, and gabbed with my sister on the phone.

When it was time to clean up for lunch, I stumbled across this...



Hmmm.... I wonder who entertained themselves with the container of baby wipes?
(And on that note, should I be upset someone played with the wipes, or pleased that they attempted to shove them all back in the container when they were done?)

After lunch, I decided to take a peek at the pictures on my camera... that is, my small "point-and-shoot" camera that I had let Rylee take pictures with that morning (the reason she was so-well entertained for awhile.)

I found this picture on the camera.




Okay. So there I have it.

I think it's safe to assume it was Carter.

3 comments:

Shari said...

I have three boys ages 10, 9, and 7. I have the same problem. We do not watch TV excessively or movies, no video games because we don't own one, so I am not sure. They want me to play with them all the time, too.

Beverly said...

oh, I had one of these day today. I am glad the day is over!

Monica Crumley said...

Oh, that's hilarious. Rylee's your new sleuthing partner, while your little guy is caught red-handed. Case solved.