Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Instagram Fall '12
[learning to live a perfectly imperfect life]

Not Me! Monday (on Tuesday)




So time for confessions... you know -- of things I haven't done these last few weeks.

(This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing!)

I did not to talk on the phone with my sister, even though I heard our kids digging into the pantry, sneaking a box of Teddy Grahams, and running into the bathroom to enjoy their snack. I would not be so lazy as to let them do whatever they wanted... even though I asked them to wait for a snack. I did not continue to talk on the phone, even admitting to my sister that I knew exactly what the kids were doing. I always follow through with what I say, even if I could use a little break.

When receiving flowers from my husband before he left on his 4-day snowmobiling trip to Wyoming, I did not immediately wonder why he was giving them to me. I knew it was because he was thoughtful and loving. My mind did not think, "How much money is he planning on spending on this trip?" or "He is coming back from the trip, isn't he?"




I did not finally give in and agree with Rylee that a "W" was an "M"... just because she had worked so hard to write "Mom" for me. I would never lead my child to believe that something was what it wasn't.

During these last few weeks of potty training, I have not let my kids run around the house without pants on, because it was just easier for everyone involved. I would not be so lazy as to abandon proper clothing-wearing etiquette. (And, I most certainly did not have to just double-check the spelling of 'etiquette' on my computer dictionary.)

And, last but not least, I am not posting this "Not Me! Monday" on a Tuesday because I didn't get it posted last night. I did not fall asleep last night while rubbing Carter's back, trying to get him to sleep... which brings me to admit that we definitely do not have our 2 1/2-year-old still sleeping in bed with us. (That topic, in itself, is a lengthy "Not Me!" post... I'll save that for another Tuesday Monday.)

What have YOU not been doing?


0 comments: