Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Instagram Fall '12
[learning to live a perfectly imperfect life]

"Not Me!" Monday!




I have been meaning to write a "Not Me! Monday!" post for, well... several Mondays.  In fact, I have even scribbled down some things I have haven't done this last month or so.  You know, just so my mind didn't go blank the second I sat down to write my "Not Me!" post.  Not that my mind ever does that.

(This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week!)

This month I did not clean up gobs and gobs of dried glue off the wood floor in my office.   I always supervise my kids when they are using glue to be sure the proper amount of glue is being used.  I would never just give them glue bottles and let 'um go!

This month I did not bake the really easy "pull-the-dough-apart-and-set-on-cookie-sheet" chocolate chip cookies for our neighbors (who let our kids play on their swing set all summer, even though we have our own.)  I would never be so lazy as to go to such little work to show appreciation!

This month I did not eat my weight in raw chocolate chip cookie dough (while making the above-mentioned cookies.)  The package specifically told me not to eat it, and I always do what I read.  I would never do something that may put my health in jeopardy.

This month I did not "accidentally" forget the kids' Elmo CD in the house before heading out.  I know they love listening to that CD on the way in to town, and I would never "intentionally forget" something just to keep my brain from exploding at the sound of a puppet's voice.

This month I did not bribe the kids with a treat while taking pictures for our Christmas card. Our kids always sit so nicely and smile their true, genuine smiles every time I ask.  I would never have to resort to bribery, which is something I said I would never do before I was a Mom and needed good Christmas card pictures.

These are not our children, because our children would never make silly faces or cry or try to escape during a mini-photo shoot.  Never.






Happy "Not Me! Monday!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures!! love your not me! post.