Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Instagram Fall '12
[learning to live a perfectly imperfect life]

Inadequate

Blogging is always on my mind -- every time I take pictures I already have thoughts on what I'd write about -- but somehow I've let "my blogging time" be swallowed up by everything else in life.

I don't feel quite complete when I'm not blogging consistently. It's strange. And when it's been awhile since I last blogged, the words don't come as easily as when I'm blogging more frequently.

There are several blogs I follow regularly -- blogs written by remarkable, creative, inspiring women. And when something happens in my life that inspires me to write, I grab my laptop and click on "Blogger", visualizing this wonderfully-written post with breathtaking photos. But before starting my post, I take a little detour and click on the blogs of these other women.

I read. I look. I smile.

And then I allow myself to feel inadequate.

Why do I do that?

Suddenly my moment of inspiration is gone, and what's left is the feeling of "um... nevermind."

My thoughts, my photos, my experiences, my everything suddenly pales in comparison to these other women.

My excitement to blog is gone.

If I consider myself to be confident (which I do), why do I let that happen? *hmmmm*
Must be just moments of uncertainty peeking through the confidence sometimes...

But because of those feelings, I've missed out on blogging some really fun moments in our lives...
and that just bums me out.

So, I'm making a New Year's Halloween Resolution. More blogging. More of our family. Whether the thoughts are eloquent or the words stumble over each other, I'm going to say them. Whether the photos are magazine-worthy or slightly blurry and underexposed, I'm going to share them.

And with that resolution out there, I'm going to show you our two little Halloween kiddos... our two little ones who often say the sweetest things to me,

as if they're helping me to see there is nothing inadequate about me.




Have a fun and safe Halloween everyone!

(Take a peek at our Halloweens from the past here and here!)

3 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

Love your 'Halloween Resolution'! And keep blogging, girl! I love your words! Always beautiful & so real!

And the photo is so sweet..Rylee looks like she has a little sass in her :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad for your new Resolution! I've missed your blogs. Because when you blog then I get to read, look, and smile! Your pirate and Princess are adorable!! Your picture looks like it is right out of a story book. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us Carin! Sharon W.

Bethany said...

LOL you too eh? Totally how I feel. Let's make a blog pact. I hate fb because blogging has taken 2nd place to facebook. Grr.